Vitamix has dominated the blender market for many years and will do so for years to come. It has updated itself according to the latest trends and has also made some innovations in the blender market. Today we will be reviewing one of vitamix older models, the Vitamix 5200 Standard Blender. It the favorites of its time but when compared to present blenders, it lacks many features.
The following features are worth considering if one plans to buy Vitamix 5200 Standard Blender model:
- It has effectively a 10-years manufacturer’s warranty. By default, it comes with a warranty of 7 years and at an additional cost of $10, it can be extended for 3 more years.
- It is the cheapest vitamix available in the market.
- The Vitamix 5200 Standard Blender has 2 HP rated motor. The motor is huge, powerful and can sustain heavy loads.
- It has been designed keeping in mind needs of a large family. Hence it has a huge container with a capacity of 64-ounce. As one can deduce, it is designed for making large servings at once.
- To prevent any kind of spilling while mixing, it has a specialized lid.
- It does not have any pre-programmed settings, since it is belonging to the family of vitamix older models. Everything needs to be done manually.
- It is graded with 10 speed settings. Anything from smoothies to soups can be easily made within a matter of minutes. It is recommended to use the blender at high speed for a longer life. At this speed, one can make large serving of hot soup within 6 minutes.
- The noise due to the huge motors is a drawback.
The Vitamix 5200 Standard Blender is ideal for those who make huge portions at a go. Since it comes at a very low cost and has a high capacity, it is highly recommended for larger families and for those who have low budgets.